Friday, September 20, 2024

Isaiah 38

Please, I'll be good, promise.


 I have noted before that it would have been better if Hezekiah had just accepted the death that was coming rather than received the miracle that would come. These fifteen years were not a blessing to him nor to Judah. I note that in the writing of Hezekiah after his healing he says that he "will walk humbly all my years" and "parents tell their children about your (God's) faithfulness." The problem was he didn't follow through. In the next chapter we see no humility, let alone later in his life. We see his son, Manasseh, becoming the worst king Judah ever had so it doesn't seem he taught him God's faithfulness. Hezekiah was sincere but the problem was he didn't know his own heart and I hate to say this but neither do we. Sometimes we think that if things were better we would be too but sometimes as Mark Twain said, "it just ain't so."


Photo by Eggiscoming on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment