Friday, September 27, 2024

Isaiah 39


 One might ask why Hezekiah showed the envoys from Babylon everything he had. A wise king wouldn't show someone they thought might be tempted to attack everything, so why did Hezekiah do it? I am assuming that Hezekiah wasn't a fool so I have to say he probably did the same thing I just did, ASSUME. He assumed that these people from far away could never be a threat. He assumed that by showing them everything they would be impressed by him. I might be wrong in my assumption however Hezekiah was absolutely wrong in his. We should be very careful when we make assumptions and cover our decisions in prayer so we can give God permission to correct our assumptions. 

There is another reason I think Hezekiah did what he did and it was probably the beginning of his downfall and that was pride. Hezekiah showed them everything but we have no record that he gave God the praise for his health or wealth. When we allow pride to drive our decisions then it always leads us into trouble. 


Photo by Edin Hopic on Unsplash



No comments:

Post a Comment